How to help
To help youth of all backgrounds, especially to those who need
us most, to develop the qualities needed to become responsible
citizens and leaders. Our organization creates an environment
that encourages, enlightens, and builds self-esteem of the children
in the community through Character and Leadership Development,
Education and Career Development, Health and Life Skills, the Arts
and Sports, Fitness and Recreation.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of La Habra Fills a Critical Need
Boys & Girls Clubs build character by providing leadership and
guidance in behavior and attitude. Young people of all ethnicities,
age and creeds join together in wholesome recreation
Boys & Girls Clubs are Unique because:
• It is for boys and girls.
• It has an open door.
• It has full-time professional leadership.
• It has a varied and diversified program.
• It assures that all girls and boys can afford to belong.
• It is building-centered.
• It is guidance-oriented.
Clubs Help Young People Be Great By Providing:
• A safe, supportive environment
• Fun activities
• Supportive relationships with peers and adults
• Increased opportunities to learn and develop
• Recognition of achievement
1955 – Founded by Tony Villelli, Al Brown, John Kelley and the La Habra Host Lions Club
1958 – Original Boys Club building opens to serve boys
1980’s – In the early 80’s took over the Boxing Club and ran it successfully until 2004 when city of La Habra operated
1986 – Under the leadership of Thomas A. Sauer a second part of the building was built and designated as the Girls Club
1988 – Boys & Girls Clubs of Brea opened throught the leadership of Thomas A. Sauer and the Board
1989 – Teen Center opened
1991 – Formal Education Program started with the help of a foundation grant provided by a former Board Member Robert E. Fulton
1991 – Club name change to Boys & Girls Clubs of La Habra/Brea
1998 – Upper gymnasium was dedicated to Harmon and Mary Jenson
1999 – Robert E. Fulton Education Center opened, this was made possible by the generous donation made by Sulie Fulton
2001 – La Habra Boys & Girls Club Alumni Association was organized
2002 – Teen Center renovated and dedicated to John & Tillie Campos
2006 – Collaborated with the La Habra City School District, under the State of California’s After School Education and Safety Program Grant, enabling us to open 9 school sites
2009 – Club name changed to Boys & Girls Clubs of La Habra
Boys & Girls Clubs of America
City of La Habra
Fullerton Joint Unified School District
Help for Brain Injured Children
Highlander Kiwanis Club of La Habra
Institute for Healthcare Advancement
La Habra City School District
La Habra Community Collaborative
La Habra Family Resource Center
La Habra Police Department
La Habra Host Lions Club
Los Angeles County Fire Department
Lowell Joint School District
Orange County Boys & Girls Clubs
Rotary Club of La Habra
National Charity League
Boys & Girls Clubs of America
1211 Fahringer Way, La Habra, CA 90631
site donated by FLY STUDIOS
Hours: General Program: M-F 2:00 pm – 6:30 pm
Extended Day: M-F 6:30 am – 6:30 pm